Monday, August 24, 2009

we camped

And probably will be the last time, for a while. During the day couldn't have been better; Hailey had a blast! We had the perfect weather, beach, and company - the Hunters came for a day trip! Can't say the same for the evening. After a few hours of failing to get Hailey to sleep, and a couple of tantrums of my own because I wanted to pack up and leave, Joe refused to give in and we stayed. She finally fell asleep laying on me, which is where she stayed the entire night...until she woke at the butt crack o'dawn.

Hailey's first Ferry ride

just the beginning of her dirt collection

Cal showed up with a couple of his many cars

more dirt

in awe of her first campfire

6 comments:

The Hunter Family said...

I am dying at the pics of how dirty hailey got!!! Love it, especially when we first got there and she had a black eye of dirt. Thanks for inviting us over, we had a great time. Next time we'll rough it with you guys!

The Hunter Family said...

and what was up with Cal's outfit?! he looks like such a dork in that pic with hailey and the cars...

Marnae and Matt said...

It looks like she had a great time. I love how dirty she got. Sorry you didn't get much sleep. I am guessing you are keeping the hotel reservation.

Alicia said...

My favorite is the pic of Hailey in the camping chair, just hanging out. So cute.

The Basels said...

Gina you don't throw Temper-tantrums do you? I have never seen one :) Camping sucks remember that! You guys should have just came to Walla Walla instead! Cant wait to see you guys again. Hailey grows everyday it seems like!

MamaSophia said...

I love the one of her in the chair, all dirty and chillin'. She looks like she had a fun time! I take it Chelan with us is out of the question? :-)