Wednesday, September 7, 2011

swim lessons.

Hailey had her first swim lesson today.  No more "mommy & me" classes for this big girl.  I had this fear that I was going to have to drag her into the pool kicking & screaming because I wasn't going in with her.  She once again, reminded me today that I tend to get myself all worked up for no reason.  Long story short, she couldn't get into the pool fast enough and didn't care who was going with her.  I sat there watching her by the side of the pool, her little legs dangling in the water, waiting... patiently.  A zillion things were running through my head.  About 5 minutes into the lesson I turned to Joe and he informed me that I had a nervous giggle & seemed very tense.  I rolled my eyes as if he were crazy, at the same time nonchalantly trying to relax my shoulders that seemed to be holding a ton of bricks.  I couldn't have been more prepared to jump in that pool at any moment, to save my baby girl!  Joe saw right through my eye rolling and reasured me that she was in only 3ft of water & was just fine.  I hate when he's right.  Hailey is much more enthusiastic about swim class than she was about soccer.  Looking forward to watching her learn skills that will be so very useful for our trip to Mexico in November!



1 comment:

MamaSophia said...

Ah, good job mama. Kinda brought a tear to my eye. What a big girl, looks like she's having a blast! And what a sweet hubby who knows his wifey (-; We want to take Kobe to swim lessons since we are always in some kind of water here but I'm totally freaked about it. I'll have to call you!