Tuesday, June 7, 2011

3 year check up

After Hailey's sick visit for an ear infection the day after her birthday, I was so not looking forward to her 3 yr appt. It was horrible... Hailey dug her feet into the ground and refused to walk through the door, let a lone the exam room. She cried pretty much the entire time & didn't want anyone touching her. I left sweating, on the verge of tears myself. I couldn't get Joe on the phone fast enough to tell him he's now responsible for all future doctor appointments. For the past few weeks we've talked about how nice doctors are and how they make us feel better by giving us medicine, like the antibiotics she had to make her ear feel better. I even had a doctor kit expressed shipped to us in hopes it would help ease her concerns. I told her last night that we were going, and we talked a little about what the Dr was going to do. When it was time to get ready this morning I was a little unsure as to what Hailey's reaction would be. I said "Let's get dressed", Hailey said "Where are we going", I replied "To the Dr, remember?", she calmly said "Oh, ok" grabbed her baby and said, "Baby wants to come too". I'm thinking, who is this kid and when is the melt down going to happen? It never did! She walked into the office like she owned the joint... sat politely in the waiting room, with her legs crossed, reading a newspaper. When the nurse called her name, she jumped up and started walking toward her before I could get out of my seat. She was doing great! She stated her full name, her birthdate, pointed out colors, drew a circle & a straight line...counted to 20. Then we got to the part where the Dr asked "So, what are some of your favorite things to eat for dinner, Hailey?" Hailey's response, "doughnuts & cookies..." I could feel my face turning red...thanks Hailey! She gets her fair share of treats I can't deny, but for dinner? I don't think so. So I piped in and listed as many healthy foods I could think of in fear of being judged. After a final Hib shot she needed (where not one single tear was shed), we were on our way. I couldn't have been more proud of our little Miss...today was just another reminder that she's not our baby anymore and is truly becoming a big girl. She was rewarded with a doughnut for being so brave. :) Next on our list... the dentist, or aka "the Bentist"!

3 year stats:
Height: 37.25 (50%)
Weight: 31 lbs (55%)
BMI: 48%

2 comments:

Marnae and Matt said...

She is such a big girl now. Way to go Hailey!

MamaSophia said...

That is so awesome! She is such a big girl. I love her reply for fav things for dinner haha! She must be hillarious these days. Hoping Koben's goes just as well in a couple of weeks (-;