Hailey was in an art camp at her school last week from 9-12, nice little break for both of us- I'd say. I'm not sure Hailey felt the same. By day 2 she told me she didn't want to go and be away from her sister "all day long". After I convinced her to make some art for Harper I think she felt a little better. The rest of the week I had to do some more convincing but we got her there.
The past two days I've seen glimpses of the "old" sweet Hailey that tries her hardest to be on her best behavior and enjoys independent play. But the "new" Hailey that talks back to us, doesn't follow instructions and requires are undivided attention, is still very much here. I just try to remind myself that its a faze and could be a lot worst. We are very thankful for the amount of love that Hailey shows Harper. We are adjusting to a new normal around here, but there is nothing else I can imagine us doing; figuring out our new life as a family of four!
The past two days I've seen glimpses of the "old" sweet Hailey that tries her hardest to be on her best behavior and enjoys independent play. But the "new" Hailey that talks back to us, doesn't follow instructions and requires are undivided attention, is still very much here. I just try to remind myself that its a faze and could be a lot worst. We are very thankful for the amount of love that Hailey shows Harper. We are adjusting to a new normal around here, but there is nothing else I can imagine us doing; figuring out our new life as a family of four!
hooray for warmth & sun!
our little tax credit not happy about her first piece of mail
just one of the gazillion hugs Harper gets in a day
Super Hailey fighting off bad guys
Hailey the Giant!
The Hunter's came with dinner & gifts!
(can't get this on to flip)




No comments:
Post a Comment